ARE YOU THINKING OF APPLYING FOR GRADUATE STUDY IN SLAVIC AT ILLINOIS?
Some things to bear in mind:
- If your ambition is to earn a PhD, please indicate that on your application by applying for the PhD program. You need not have an MA degree to apply to study in the PhD program—you will earn one along the way.
- If you do already have an MA degree in Slavic or a related field, please be in touch with us to learn if we can honor your MA degree, shortening your path to the PhD.
- Please consider which Slavic languages you wish to study other than Russian, and why—that is, how it will fit into your research and teaching career. Our PhD requires a second Slavic language, and federal funding is often available for qualified domestic students studying advanced Russian or such languages as Bulgarian,Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegran/Serbian, Czech, Polish, Ukrainian and Yiddish.
- Please consider visiting us before deciding where to enroll. Watch this site for an announcement soon of a date in latewinter/early spring when we will hosting and offer programming for new admittees considering enrolling in our graduate program.
- Please be in touch with our Director of Graduate Studies, Professor Harriet Murav, with any questions about the program and applying to study with us. Her e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org